Laundry Bear Games has a lot of stuff going on this month, so here's a digest of some of the cool things we're up to this March!
We're heading to GDC 2018!
Laundry Bear Games' Andrew Carvalho and Gabby DaRienzo, as well as the rest of the Mortician's Tale team will be at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco this week! A few of our teammates are giving talks, so if you're heading to the conference be sure to check them out:
- A Mortician's Tale designer and artist Gabby DaRienzo will be giving a talk on Monday, March 19 at 3:00pm titled "'A Mortician's Tale': A Different View on How Games Treat Death"
- A Mortician's Tale sound designer (and producer extraordinaire) Jen Costa is leading TWO roundtables on Managing Production on Small Teams. The first on Wednesday, March 21 at 3:30pm, and the second on Thursday, March 22 at 2:00pm!
If you're heading to GDC next week and wanna hangout, be sure to drop us a line!
We're nominated for an IGF Award!
Our game A Mortician’s Tale is also a finalist in this year’s Independent Games Festival Awards at this year's GDC! We’re super honoured to be nominated for the Nuovo Award alongside so many other amazing games, and to be named as an honourable mention for the Excellence in Narrative Award!
The IGF Awards Ceremony takes place on Wednesday, March 21st! Wish us luck!
SALE: A Mortician's Tale is 35% OFF!
You can pick the game up for 35% OFF (just $9.75 USD) or get the Soundtrack Edition (featuring music from Halina Heron) for 35% OFF as well (just under $12 USD through itch.io!)
We've added Achievements to A Mortician's Tale!
We’ve ALSO updated the game with Achievements on Steam. We originally didn’t include any as we didn’t feel it was appropriate given the context of the game, HOWEVER we’ve heard your feedback and know that so many of you enjoy collecting achievements, so we've decided to add 3 achievements to the game:
- “Rest in Peace” — Finish A Mortician's Tale
- “Crypt Sweeper Keeper” — Win a game of Tales from the Crypt Sweeper
- “Chatty Charlie” — Talk to every person at every funeral
Thank you! We hope you have a great month!
If you enjoyed A Mortician's Tale, please consider leaving us a review! It helps other players decide if it's a game they'd like to play, plus we'd really appreciate it!
Thank you so much for your support, and have a wonderful March!